Careers with Orthopaedic Associates
Orthopaedic Associates of Duluth has been serving the Northland since 1969 and is the go-to team for Orthopaedic and sports medicine health care. We are recruiting an Orthopaedic Surgeon to our well-established group.
At Orthopaedic Associates of Duluth, your career will benefit from
- Our 50-year reputation in the community. We expect the new surgeon will develop a full practice within a year given the retirement of one of our busiest orthopaedists, our “new-physician” marketing program, and our extensive referral network.
- Our main office in Duluth, Minnesota houses onsite X-ray and a Toshiba Vantage Elan 1.5T MRI system.
- Our independent practice model, which allows our providers to create a practice that suits their interests with no administrative regulations or restrictions. We foster an entrepreneurial mindset amongst our shareholders.
- The safe, family-oriented lifestyle of the Duluth, Minnesota metro area.
Candidates must be BE/BC by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons. We will consider candidates with additional fellowship training in any subspecialty; however, fellowship training is not required. Newly trained as well as experienced surgeons are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be a team player and welcome the independence our private practice offers!
- Duluth was rated by Money Magazine as one of the “Top Four Midwestern Small Cities” (based on livability) and by Outdoor Magazine as a “Top City”!
- Nestled on the shores of Lake Superior, Duluth is the region's medical, cultural, entertainment, educational, banking and retail center, serving northeast Minnesota, northwest Wisconsin, upper Michigan, and southern Ontario, Canada.
- The physician population is more than 400. One in every seven residents is employed in health care and Duluth is rated first in the U.S. for quality health care among communities of similar size.
- We are a tourist destination for the Midwest! Recreational opportunities abound including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking, boating, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and skating.
- Twenty-two public schools, three charter schools, one private school, and four parochial schools support our local families.
Orthopedic Associates of Duluth, PA is currently seeking a Physician Assistant to join our growing practice. Our PAs enjoy practicing within a variety of Orthopedic Sub-Specialties to include General Ortho, Foot & Ankle, Hand, Total Joints, and Sports Medicine. The practice opportunities include a blend of clinic and hospital/operating room time. The Physician Assistants at Orthopaedic Associates of Duluth, PA enjoy the opportunity to maintain a level of autonomy in their practice while functioning as part of a team.
Orthopaedic Associates of Duluth, PA team members live and breathe orthopedics, it's all we do and we do it well. Join a private practice in which you have the opportunity to put the patient first. Where you can work to provide optimal access to all levels of orthopedic care and provide consistently high service and give patients the best experience possible. In addition to our team environment and quality patient care, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Competitive salary, 401K, Profit sharing, Health, HSA, Dental, Life and AD & D insurances, Short and Long term disability, FSA options, and PTO.
- The Orthopedic department is a very team focused, collaborative group that embraces learning while treating a wide variety of patients.
- The department has 12 Physicians, 8 PAs
- The ideal candidate will be someone who has a background working in Orthopedics, Surgery and Trauma.
- Anticipated work schedule: Days Monday – Friday 40 Hour Work Week
- Clinic Work = 40% Hospital/Surgery Center Work = 60%
- Call Rotation = 1:8
- Estimated Office patients per day = 35 between the PA and the MD
- Estimated procedures per day = 5
Or Mail Resume To:
Orthopaedic Associates of Duluth, P.A.
Attn: Vanya Rickmeyer
1000 E First Street, Suite 400
Duluth, MN 55805-2297